Why last mile delivery?
Last mile delivery is a lucrative business. Businesses can turn opportunities into profits, with last mile delivery. We’re going to discuss in detail the makings of such a business app. We’ll also understand the last mile delivery business model. In turn, Idea Usher experts will help you convert this idea into a mobile app.
What is last mile delivery?
It’s meaning is very easy to understand. Simply put, it is everything that goes into the delivery of packages from the business warehouse (transport hub) to the customer’s doorsteps. With an increase in courier delivery app demands, last-mile deliveries are gaining popularity.
Why are last mile delivery logistics solutions important to a business?
- As a customer, you want the best service from the storefront.
- The average millennial customer is impatient. Hence them opting for same-day next-day delivery is merely convenient for them.
- As a business owner, timely and speedy deliveries will result in high customer satisfaction rates. Happy customers are more likely to become lifetime customers. Hence, to facilitate these demands, companies opt for fast delivery solutions.
Hence, last mile delivery companies come into play. The tie-up with the business aggregators to provide them the best logistics solutions.
Features of last mile delivery services
The last mile delivery problem list is almost negligible. With amalgam or tech and operations, these are highly scalable and reliable.
- It’s definition includes the words “last mile” and “delivery.” It is established so far that they facilitate fast deliveries.
- Technology usage is optimal here. These services leverage tech that’s mobile-first and easy to understand.
- Real-time navigation using GPS and satellite links.
- Route optimization to suggest efficient routes for navigation.
- Geofencing to virtually assign geographical regions to delivery associates and agents.
- Access and administration control to control permissions.
The best-in-class last mile delivery business plan
To plan a last mile delivery business plan, few prerequisites come into play. It would help if you discovered answers to the following questions:
- How scalable will your business be with the use of the last mile delivery app?
- Do you have the capital infrastructure to make a mobile app?
- What is the essence of your business that last-mile will intend to solve?
- What profits are you planning to reap from the mobile app?
- Do you have the best team of app developers with you?
Deciding factors of last mile delivery software business plan
- Planning around financial and tech investment for the last mile delivery app
- Routing and mapping the geography for app feasibility
- Organizing your fleet and adding delivery vans, trucks, and so on.
- Hiring delivery associates and drivers for vehicles
- Operations management
- App maintenance and support backup and costs
Panels of last mile delivery solutions app
Be it last mile delivery for amazon or the startups. The following are the essentials panels:
Here you will manage the following:
- Waybills and receipt generation
- SMS gateways and notifications setup
- Payment gateway integration
- Geofencing and virtual boundaries
- Inventory management
- Automation of recurring tasks
- Notifications for customers
- Delivery proof and receipts
- In-app navigation access
- Delivery associate management
- Ease of calculations
- Fleet management
- Merchant management
- Virtual geofencing and tracking
- Maintenance cost optimization
- Track fleet’s location in real-time
- Analytics with book-keeping
Top last mile delivery companies
Let’s take a look at the leading last mile delivery companies in the world right now. These are:
- PostMates: Order appetizing food, liquor service, and more.
- LogiNext: Helps logistics and business operations with SaaS products.
- Deliv: Offers same-day deliveries for Target mainly.
- Bringg: Helps big firms with delivery services of courier, groceries.
- FedEx: Helps corporate firms and individuals in logistics.
- UPS: Helps corporate and individual entities make courier deliveries.
Last mile delivery Amazon success secrets
To make same-day deliveries, it goes to various lengths. Despite receiving criticism on their negative carbon footprint, their services are on a roll. The reason you ask? They are pumping sales and making fortunes. It heavily relies on their logistics and operations support.
To provide fast deliveries, Amazon leaves no stone unturned.
- Firstly, Amazon establishes its own warehouse units. In these exclusive storage spaces, they implement inventory management. It conveniently allows them to save time on extended freight with remotely located storage.
- Secondly, Amazon sets-up pick-up locations. Certain items are scattered throughout these exclusive zones. The added advantage of this lies in cost-cutting with last mile deliveries. They drop-ship their consignments once to said locations.
- Finally, customers can conveniently pick-up their parcels. However, the entire process is backed by last mile delivery and logistics solutions at some point.
Last mile transportation app development
Last mile delivery challenges are not rocket science. These are certain delivery costs that are indispensable, though. By using carefully curated strategies, you can develop the best mobile app. Remember the deciding factors? The answers to those questions help you make software that makes business easy for you.
Last mile delivery costs for app development
The cost of app development ultimately depends on your business needs. In addition to it, the complexity of the features set a tone for the app layout. The technology and choice of app platform also plays a role in app development costs. We can provide you with the best in industry packages for your business app.
To make the best app, we’ve shared with you the guide map and business plan. What comes next is that you take action. In order to do just that, we’re here to help you.
Our team of IT professionals can help you make mobile-first and on-demand apps for your business. For you, we can schedule a free consultation call as fast as now. All of this so that you can get started on your million-dollar-idea as quickly as now!