A company that started back in the year 2009 has dominated the online Industry and became the new leader of the On-Demand market. Undoubtedly, “Uber” has invaded the entire on-demand business and is one of the leading ventures serving customers. Uber has not only conquered the cab Industry but also introduces countless delivery models for food, flowers, groceries as well.
Recently, Uber Model for medicine delivery has gained immense popularity among the users and has become one of the largest revenue return models around the globe.
The success of Uber is an inspiration to entrepreneurs, who wish to launch their own on-demand application in their respective cities and potentially become the next big thing in the online delivery sphere.
According to a study, the worldwide revenue in the Online Pharmacy segment is projected to reach US$31.64bn in 2023. And it is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2023-2027) of 13.40%, resulting in a projected market volume of US$52.33bn by 2027.
Furthermore, the pharmaceutical industry is all geared up to take a grand upsurge and will continue to flourish in the foreseen times.
So, If you are a medicine selling Business, Company or a startup, then find out here the Must-Have Features to include in your application to stand ahead amongst your competitors.
The user must provide information like their names and phone numbers to create their profiles. Additionally, the user can also sign up using their social media profiles.
The freedom of choice is an astounding thing. The delivery app must open a world of options for the user, allowing them to search for their desired medications and connecting them with the nearby drug stores.
Users can view the items selected by him and easily replace or remove items from their shopping cart before finalizing their order.
Users can upload their prescriptions and can conveniently order the medicines.
Users can discuss their health problems and ask for advice by the doctors and nutritionist registered and verified on the app.
All the research and the articles associated with the latest fitness trends can be posted and viewed by the users.
Under this section, Users can compare the prices of all the selected products and thus choose the most cost-effective and quality products suitable for them.
User can track the status of their order. They can investigate whether their request had processed, still pending or out for delivery.
Users can return the medicines if they don’t’ find them appropriate according to their requirements. They can even request a refund the amount associated with their orders.
Users get the rewards and the loyalty points for a successful referral or in case they stay with the app for an extended period.
The in-app notifications alert the user related to the payments, order confirmation, trending fitness products and discounts.
Users can make payments for their confirmed orders through the multiple integrated payment platforms such as Credit/Debit Cards, eWallet etc.
Alike the users, the aggregator also has to register their store with his email account or any social network account credentials.
A supplier can efficiently manage the data like contact details, Email Id and other details through this feature.
The store can enlist their products as per their suitability. The concerned store governs all the products listing and their associated categories for better visibility to the customers.
Under this section, the store can inspect the rating and reviews provided by the users for the products they have bought.
The store manages all the placed orders, and accordingly, the provision is made for meeting the user’s request.
The store owner oversees all the deliveries. Shipment parties that are linked with the store are solely chargeable for making the deliveries based on the drop-off location.
All the coupon codes, offers etc. are managed by the service providers to grab users attention and to entice more users towards the platform.
Admin can verify the complete incoming requests. He watches and takes account of all the provisions for satisfying the pending requests.
Under this segment, all the promotional email templates, advertisement, and campaigning activities are regulated by the admin.
Admin handles all the in-app purchases, subscription packages and the other transactions incurred within the app.
Admin verifies the payments that have been made by the users via the in-app payments platforms or the COD.
All the reports associated with different orders, regions with the maximum deliveries, users acquisition, retention rates, offers and discounts used, category of medicines and health products availed etc. can be mounted in the form of charts for composing productive business resolutions.
The technology stack for apps like Uber Pharmacy Delivery typically involves a combination of server-side technologies, mobile development frameworks, and third-party APIs. Here are some of the key technologies and frameworks that you may consider:
1. Server-side technologies: The backend of the app needs to be designed using a robust and scalable technology stack. Popular choices for server-side technologies include Node.js, Python, Ruby on Rails, and Java.
2. Database: You need to choose a database that can handle large volumes of data and provide fast access to the data. Popular databases include MongoDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
3. APIs: You may need to integrate with third-party APIs such as payment gateways, location APIs, and SMS APIs. Examples of popular APIs include Google Maps API, Twilio SMS API, and Stripe Payment Gateway API.
4. Mobile development frameworks: You can use popular mobile development frameworks such as React Native, Flutter, or Xamarin to develop the mobile app for both iOS and Android platforms.
5. Cloud hosting: You may consider using cloud hosting services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Microsoft Azure to host the backend and the database.
6. DevOps: You need to use DevOps tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment.
1. Commission-based model: The app owner can charge a commission from the pharmacies or delivery partners for every order processed through the app.
2. Subscription model: The app can offer a subscription-based model for pharmacies or customers to access additional features or services.
3. Delivery fee model: The app can charge a delivery fee from the customers for every order delivered.
4. Surge pricing model: During peak hours or high demand, the app can apply surge pricing to increase the delivery fee.
5. Advertising model: The app can display ads from relevant businesses, such as pharmaceutical companies, to generate revenue.
6. Partnership model: The app can partner with pharmacies or other businesses to offer discounts or promotions to customers, generating revenue through a referral fee.
Now that the essential features for the on-demand pharmacy are delineated, one can plunge into the process of the app development.
However, for the development of the intuitive, interactive and feature-rich app, we have got you covered.
Idea Usher has years of collective experience in developing customized applications. We provide complete business solutions to catapult your venture to success. Get in touch with us at [email protected] to get free quotes.
Build Better Solutions With Idea Usher
A. An Uber-like app for pharmacy delivery is a mobile application that connects customers with local pharmacies and delivery partners to order and receive prescription medication and other healthcare products.
A. Some of the must-have features of an Uber-like app for pharmacy delivery include real-time tracking of delivery, online payments, prescription management, and customer support.
Idea Usher is a pioneering IT company with a definite set of services and solutions. We aim at providing impeccable services to our clients and establishing a reliable relationship.