Health and fitness are efficaciously the buzzwords. In the last two to three years, there has been a notable upsurge in the number of health and fitness apps.

 And Yes, it’s smartphones which ignite, support and motivate to observe the physical activity.

 It won’t be incorrect to mention that the wearable devices such as the Smartwatches and likewise, other gadgets have paved the way for the increase in the demand of such apps. 

According to research, it has been discovered that the use of health and fitness apps have progressed by 330% during the last three years. Additionally, the report states that about 75% of the users open fitness apps at least twice a week, and the rest 25% use these apps ten times a week!

These are the encouraging figures that drove Google and Apple; two of the fiercest competitors to arrive with Google Fit and Apple Health App. 

 Must-Have Features of Health and Fitness Apps

 let’s look at the essential features to be included in the health and fitness app.

1. Registration Process:

Initially, a user is required to create an account through which he can easily register with the App. The user needs to mention the name, email Id and mobile number. A verification code or OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number to verify his credentials.

2.User Profile:

Next step is to enable the user to enter his personal information like height, weight, age, body type, gender etc. He can further add his physical condition or disease like diabetes etc.

3. Social Media Integration:

Sometimes it is very hectic for a user to login through his email, and he might not want to disclose it. So, other options must be available such as login through social media platforms like Facebook, Google+, and Twitter etc.

4. Wearable Devices Integration:

The mobile app developer has to keep in mind that only the development of a health and fitness app for the user isn’t going to solve the purpose. 

The App must be suitably connected to different external devices, especially like wearable devices such that the user can easily track his activities as well as exercise routine with ease. 

5. Keeping track of Workout or Diet Plan:

The principal function of the App is to help the user to track his daily physical activities. The App maintains the data like distance travelled by running, walking, cycling and more.

 Apart from this, the App also counts the calorie intake of the user. The user can also schedule his exercise schedule according to his convenience. 

6. Geolocation:

 Geolocation has assuredly one of the fundamental features of almost all mobile apps, and therefore, the health and fitness app cannot be excluded.

 Geolocation monitors the directions and routes while you go for a walk or cycling. 

7. Push Notifications:

Push Notification Option does not let the user miss out any essential exercise schedule or skip put a meal. Besides, it keeps user updated about the addition in the features and the upcoming events.

8. Payment Options:

Indeed most of the services rendered in health and fitness apps are free. Still, there are some chargeable services. If you are selling appropriate equipment or health drink, then it becomes crucial to add the payment option.


Cost to Develop a Health and Fitness App

There is not a specific amount that can be fixed to develop a health and fitness app. Cost majorly depends on app development company that you are hiring. 

However, it might cost nearly $35,000 to $40,000 to develop such an app with all the features mentioned above.


Fitness apps become popular with increasing health awareness as they solve all the modern-day problems. Above all, we understand how the development of a Fitness app is more advantageous to address the current fitness challenges.

With proper market research, the inclusion of vital features, followed by appropriate marketing, you can develop the next market-dominating app.

 To create an app that is equally efficient and popular in app stores, you would require the right fitness app development company.

Idea Usher has the best app developers with years of experience. We have prior expertise in developing iOS and Android apps for fitness like Brewfit. 

Get in touch with our team of experts for the smooth and quick development of your app. Contact us with your idea at [email protected].

Share this article

1 Comment

Leave a Comment

Contact Us
HR contact details
Follow us on

Idea Usher is a pioneering IT company with a definite set of services and solutions. We aim at providing impeccable services to our clients and establishing a reliable relationship.

Our Partners
Contact Us
Follow us on

Idea Usher is a pioneering IT company with a definite set of services and solutions. We aim at providing impeccable services to our clients and establishing a reliable relationship.

Our Partners
© Idea Usher. 2023 All rights reserved.